12.27.2016

selfies

My Hero, Kate Knapp, 2016

The first self-portrait @1968
 So. It's that self-check time of year. Where are you at? What do you want to change? How do you see your life developing in the coming year? (And concomitantly: if not now, when?) Whatever medium is yours, sit down with it and talk to yourself.  Yoga, meditation, writing, making music, singing in the shower. It doesn't have to be fancy.
   Kate has been painting a self portrait once a year since she was in her teens. (I lost the info she sent me about these pictures, alas.) "I feel like I need to check in with myself every so often," she says. Inspirational.
The Rogue's Gallery: Katie through the ages

1 comment:

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

nice thought...gotta keep it up...gonna make a book...will ask for your help!